Sunday 3 January 2010

Day 38 || Tai Chung Trip with Sister

Many thanks to my TN and company who allow me to take a week break to accompany my sister travelling around Taiwan. Our first stop was to Tai Chung city as it was famous for their Tai Yang Ping (Sun Cake). I remembered back when I was in Indonesia, there is one shop selling Tai Yang Ping in Surabaya and I would always asked my parents to buy some back when they are on the way back from Surabaya. So here I am with my sister to do a Tai Yang Ping Hunt. Hehehe

However, the search was not as smooth as we thought it would be as this would be our first time travel without my TN’s guidance. Thankfully there is a visitor information centre at the Train Station, if not we would have difficulty finding the destination.

Maybe because of differ taste between Taiwanese and Indonesians, I found that Tai Yang Ping in here taste less sweet than the one in Indonesia. Not only have I found Tai Yai Ping to be quite tasteless, but also some other food. Or perhaps…Indonesians just enjoy sweets much 

After the hunt of Tai Yang Ping, we went to “Yi Zhong Jie”. "Yi Zhong Jie" although smaller than Feng Jia is located near Tai Chung train station. Maybe because I prefer a location that do not have too much crowd...personally I prefer this than the infamous "Feng Jia Night Market".

Different bus treatment: In Tai Chung, unlike Hsin Chu where we had to give 15 Yuan straight to the bus driver, in there, each passenger is given a card where we would hold it till we depart. The amount charged individually depends upon how far you went. The minimum is 15 Yuan and the maximum is 35 Yuan.

Next we went to “Jin Ming Street”. Stepping upon this street, I could feel myself walking around Australia, the place where beautifully crafted. Seats everywhere…to let visitors rest and have a cup of coffee. Lights surrounding the seats

…ooh… how I missed Sydney’s Darling Harbour.

Last stop being to Feng Jia Night Market. Feng Jia Night Market is located near Shin Guang Shan Yue.

-Christmas Snowball infront of Shin Guang Shan Yue Mall at Tai Chung -

My best advice for any foreign travellers, take bus no 77 from train station to the mall before taking a taxi. Waiting bus no 33 and 36 to go to Feng Jia Night market straight can be very tiring since they only depart at a specific time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment