Sunday 29 November 2009

Day 10 || Food Travels

My third day does not contain much activity besides knowing more about the TN’s activities. I began to know more about the culture. Every four years once, TW will have an election – to select which party governing the whole country and one who will take charge of their society (She Qu). Differ with Indonesia where we select the government and they will arrange who will be in charge for each part.

As our Kangle community is sponsored mainly by party no 13, there is a tendency for them to vote no. 13. Our Mr Lin will be on the next election, but by then I may not be able to witness such event. I hope he win because he is a great candidate – not only he cared for the community, he is clever enough to make use of the surrounding environment to work for him.

The host family that I am staying with is probably the most hospitable peoples I have ever seen. I felt like a small children in here, they always make sure that I am taken care of. At the first day I arrived, they asked what Taiwanese food I like; I answered Pearl Milk Tea and the next day a cup of pearl milk tea sitting in front of my room. I do not know how I could repay their kindness. It is me guilty by the fact I was not able to contribute much for them.

Below are some of the places and food they took me around Hsin chu city:

- Tofu Ginger Soup -
containing : cube taro cut, green bean and tou hua

- Stinky Tofu -
- Rice Vermicelli Soup -- Rice Ball -- Nut -- Meat Ball - - Martabak alike XD - - Taiwan Bing Gan -- Bo Cai -

0 comments:

Post a Comment